Friday, June 10, 2011

Last Day of Work!

I am now officially a stay at home mom. I don't think it has hit me yet, since I still had to go into the office today, but it was weird saying my goodbyes...or just waves to people I never really talked to anyway :) I thought I would be sad, but I'm not! I was ready to get out of there. These last 5 or 6 weeks have been so stressful having to go into the office 3 days a week for training. I am definitely ready to be finished with that. We will of course miss the extra paycheck, but I will just have to become even cheaper than I already am! hehe.

It's so weird to think back at how much I have changed over the last 10 years. This year marks my 10 year graduation from high school and I just realized that I have changed SO much. Judge me if you will, but I actually used to plan out my 'outfits' for weeks in advance so I didn't wear the same thing too often, and LOVED shopping. I wanted all designer labels, etc. Now, I can't even remember the last time I went shopping that wasn't at a yard sale, craigslist, or a major clearance rack! haha. I guess priorities just change as you get older. Although I would say ours was once we had Kaitlyn. When Justin and I first got married we still spent $ like crazy. If we would have started out with our Dave Ramsey program in the beginning, we would probably have a nice little savings right now. But oh well. Live and learn. I am excited to focus more on time with Kaitlyn and other aspects of my life and the money situation will work itself out!

Oh and P.S. In response to my last post, Thanks for the sweet comments. I actually heard back from the doctor and my condition is called Marginal Cord insertion. Which is the better of the two that I was worried about so that is good! I am much less freaked out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment