Wednesday, June 15, 2011

At a Loss...

Have any of your children experienced separation anxiety? Kaitlyn is going through a terrible phase of it right now. I am at a loss for what to do for her. I think it all started when we tried leaving her during nursery. She FREAKS out. Like clings to my body and won't let go. If we do manage to escape out the door, she is brought to us literally within minutes hysterical on the verge of throwing up she is so upset. I understand that our nursery workers have way too many kids to only try and console her, but I just don't know how to help her. It is not one of those situations where the kid cries for a few minutes, but then is fine. SHE WON'T STOP until either Justin or I comes to get her. She is literally inconsolable. The bad thing is nursery has scarred her from other people that she used to be fine with us leaving her with. Before we started trying to leave her in nursery over the past month and a half, she used to wave byebye to me and LOVE spending time with my mom. Now she clings to me and throws a fit ANY time she has to leave me. The crying doesn't stop either once I am gone. She cried with my mom for over an hour straight, periodically asking "Where she at?" Last night we left her with a lady from church who likes to babysit Kaitlyn once a month while we attend the temple. I warned her that she is in a phase right now and it would most likely not be good. Well we recieved word that after we left she cried nonstop for 45 minutes until she wore herself out and just watched tv while refusing any food, snacks or even ice cream! Basically we were told that she would just sit there refusing any interaction.

What do I do?!? We considered joining a gym membership just so I would be able to practice leaving her in daycare settings. But that is so expensive just to practice daycare! I currently have no desire to work out, nor do we wish to spend that kind of money just for something like that, but her situation is getting worse. And I am sure a gym daycare would not put up with a child like this either so that would probably be a complete waste of money anyway. Today I met my mom for lunch and all my mom said after our meal was "ok time to go, Let Nana wipe your hands." and Kaitlyn FREAKED out b/c she thought I was leaving her. I wouldn't mind as much if she was able to be consoled after I left but she is not. She literally cries nonstop. PLEASE HELP!!! I don't know what to do :(

No comments:

Post a Comment