Friday, February 20, 2009

ehh.

Well I thought I would update everyone on how I am doing. I haven't blogged in a while and I thought I would say why. I have had a really hard couple of weeks. About 2 weeks ago I noticed some dark bleeding that was fairly light and only lasted about 2 days. I called the doctor and they said they weren't too concerned and I didn't need to come in. Well about a week ago I started having heavy bright red bleeding. I don't have any cramps along with it but I was still freaking out sure that I was having a miscarriage. I called the dr. and they brought me in and did an ultrasound. They were able to find the baby's heartbeat and said it was strong. They saw all the blood in the ultrasound but didn't know what had caused it. They said that the baby's sac looked secure though. I was relieved but still so nervous and almost didn't want to get my hopes up. When I first found out I was pregnant I was telling everyone so excited, but now I am so afraid of miscarrying that I don't tell anyone anymore. This pregnancy has been really rough on me lately too. I am always SO tired. I go to bed at 9:00 and still don't feel refreshed. I also just always feel so weak and fragile. I also almost passed out twice this week. I started getting really hot and everything got really blurry until I sat down and let it pass. I don't have nausea per say, but I always have an "unsettled" feeling to my stomach. I don't even know how to describe it. Food doesn't taste as good to me anymore, even though I am always hungry. I took today off from work...well actually Justin made me since this has been such a rough week for me. I really needed it to rest. I slept a lot but I still just feel so weak. Anyways, I know this is a really negative post, but I felt like I needed to vent. I am so grateful to be pregnant and mainly just concerned that this baby will be ok. I am just ready to get past the first trimester so that my risks of miscarriage will go down.

Goodbye for now.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from Shannon's blog - I didn't know you were pregnant! Some visiting teacher I am! Congratulations! I am so sorry about your scare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also had bleeding episodes during my pregnancy with Em. i had placenta previa though. i felt yucky and weak during my pregnancy also. i had to spend quite a bit of time on the couch. it passed though.

    megan

    ReplyDelete