Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions

So I am pretty much the WORST New Year's Resolution keeper ever, but I like to at least establish a few of them even if I don't keep them. It makes me feel better to try and set some goals for the New Year. This year some of them are more hopes than things that may actually happen but here goes.

  1. FINALLY finish the Old Testament! Justin and I have been reading the Old Testament for like 2 years now. We are about midway through Isaiah and I figure it is the perfect time to finish since we are studying the Old Testament in church this year...even though I am called to Primary again so I guess I won't get to study it in Sunday School.
  2. Read our scriptures EVERY day. Ideally our goal is to complete the entire QUAD (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Morman, and Doctrine and Covenants) front to back by the end of next year....but I am not counting on that since it has taken us over 2 years with the Old Testament alone. But we like to read the Institute study guides along with our scriptures each night so that we can get more out of it. So my goal this year is even if we are just way to exhausted to do a whole study session each day, we at least need to read a verse or two from somewhere in the quad. And I am sorry to say that we already had to do that last night! The very first day of the new year! But in our defense we were exhausted from working on my Mom's house all day!
  3. I really would like to try and get to the temple more often. It has been so long since Justin and I have been and now it will be even harder since we have a child. But my goal is to go at least 6 times this year. I think that should be feasible.
  4. This one is more of a hope than a resolution, but I REALLY want to be a stay at home mom. A real one! As in I don't want to still work from home, but be able to devote all my time to being just a mom! I don't know how people do it! I have been so stressed all the time trying to balance still working from 8-12 and still taking care of Kaitlyn's needs. It will be even harder now that my Mom has moved out. It is just so hard when I have a big deadline or need to be on the phone with work and Kaitlyn is crying to be held. And as she gets older I would love to just be able to give her my undivided attention! Currently we just can not afford for me to quit, but I am determined to try and make it happen! We are trying to get as many bills paid off as possible so that we can try and see if we could live off of Justin's salary alone.
  5. Get my house organized and cleaned from top to bottom! We have so much clutter to go through and also cleaning to do. Justin really wants to steam clean the sofas and some of the carpets but I don't really want to spend the money to do that. So if you happen to have a steam cleaner you would like to let us borrow let me know! haha!
  6. Be the best Mommy that I can be!

So I guess those are the main ones. I could probably go on and on with things I would like to do, but I will try to focus on these!

No comments:

Post a Comment