Sunday, October 18, 2015

Moving Day!

I have so much catch up to do!  Well Moving day finally arrived!  It was a very stressful time, since I was due at any day and we had no idea when our closing date was going to actually be.  They finally gave us a closing date and then 3 days prior to closing, we get an email telling us that our closing date has been postponed with no explanation.  I call around and find out that True Homes failed inspection and that the closing date was postponed but no definite date given.  I was livid.  We had already scheduled our pods to be delivered, our movers were booked and we were finally getting to move into our new home hopefully before the baby arrived only to find out it was all canceled.  So knowing me, I pitched a fit! haha!  I called everyone that I could get a hold of and basically told them it was unacceptable and that I wanted the new closing date scheduled ASAP.  My embarrassing (to Justin) arguing finally worked and I got our new closing date moved up 2 days prior to when they wanted it to be to the 19th.  We still had to rearrange our pod deliveries and reschedule our movers and they were not available until the 20th.  So after closing on our home, we had to go back to Mom's house to get the kids and then we started hauling all of our stuff that had been with us while we were living there.  One thing I have learned from all of this is that I never again want to move into a temporary situation.  It would have been so much easier to move straight from our old house to our new house.  We had to bring so much stuff over to my Mom's to live for almost 2 months and it was basically double the work.  We were grateful to be able to have stayed there though while our house was being finished.  We took over as much as we could on the 19th and had all these goals to get blinds hung, etc, etc.  Well pretty much nothing got accomplished b/c just moving all of our stuff took forever.  The next day, we left the kids with my mom and Justin and I headed back over to the house to meet the movers.  This time they only sent us two movers instead of 4 and they were only available for 2 hours since we had to book them so last minute so they were not able to finish unloading all of our pods.  They made sure that they unloaded all of the heavy furniture and boxes so that we would not be stuck with that.  After the movers left Justin and I had to just resort to unloading everything straight into the garage since we were so physically exhausted that we could not bear to keep loading into the house and especially upstairs.  After we finished with those Pods, I felt like I was about to die being 9 months pregnant but it still did not bring on the labor!  I couldn't believe it!  Both Kaitlyn and Allie were 8 days early and Brayden was 2 weeks early.  I thought for sure my fourth would be as well!  But no!  The rest of the day was spent going back to my mom's and bringing over all the rest of our stuff since that took many multiple trips.  We found a few mattresses and everyone just slept on that since we didn't have time to put together furniture.  The next day (Friday 21st) Justin went back to work.  He didn't want to waste his vacation days before the baby arrived.  It was also the day that Kaitlyn started Kindergarten and the baby's due date!  To say that I was a bit stressed during this whole process was an understatement.  I was basically a mess.  I was hormonal, exhausted, and stressed out.  I just wanted to lie down and sleep, but I couldn't since I still had to take care of the kids and start unpacking boxes.  I knew it would be a long process but really didn't think it would take so long.  It is now Mid October and we are still not even close to being finished with our house!  I joking made a goal of having it finished by New Year's, but now I don't even know it that will happen!  Taking care of a newborn, 3 other kids and Justin always working just doesn't leave me much time to do it all.  Then to top it off, I started doing a small bit of work for Shea Homes again.
Anyway, I realize this post probably sounded like I was complaining way too much! But looking back on it, it was definitely one of the hardest and most stressful times of my life!  I told Justin I am never moving again! haha!  I don't know how people do it so many times!  But We really do love our new location though!  The house is very much still a work in progress, but we love being in Indian Land and our location couldn't be better.  We are literally 5 minutes from Carolina Place mall and so close to so many things in Charlotte, but still have the benefits of SC taxes and schools.  We are finally starting to work on our yard.  We planted 8 blueberry bushes and are planting 5 fruit trees in hopes to have our own supply of fruit and berries in the years to come since we plan on being here for a while.

Here we are leaving our old home.  We were in such a rush to get everyone packed up and out of there, that I didn't even get to enjoy our last day in our old house!  I will miss our first home and all of the wonderful people we met there!  Unfortunately this is the best picture I could get of us as well!  The kids were not cooperative!

And  picture of our new house!  No insides as it is still a wreck!

No comments:

Post a Comment