Sunday, October 18, 2015

Kaitlyn starts Kindergarten

So I already mentioned in my last post that Kaitlyn's first day of school was not only my due date for our baby, but also the day after we moved into our new house so things were very crazy.  She was very excited and nervous for her first day.  When I picked her up from school, she said she liked it, but then later on about her 4th day in, I find out that she has been crying at school every single day.  This continues for about 2 weeks.  She would cry at night before bed b/c she didn't want to go to school.  She asked how long she would have to keep going to school.  She also said she was very shy and still had not talked to any other kids during that whole time!  I kept trying to tell her that it would be so much better once she made some friends.  I came and ate lunch with her at school to try and help her talk to other kids.  I finally told her if she was too shy to talk to any of the kids to tell the teachers that she didn't have any friends.  She finally did and the teacher asked another kid to play with her.  After that it gradually started getting better.  She asked the teacher another day to help her find a friend again and eventually one outgoing girl latched on to Kaitlyn and now they are very good friends.  That has helped tremendously.  She finally stopped crying during school and now goes with no problems!  Now we just need to work on getting her to read!  I blame myself b/c I have been so slack about working with her.  She is doing pretty good now, able to read some BOB Books, but is basically just average for her grade.  I know we can do better than that b/c she is so smart!  Brayden on the other hand, I think I will have a lot of work to do to get him ready for Kindergarten!  He does not have much interest in that kind of stuff.  Here is my big girl on her first day of school!





No comments:

Post a Comment