Monday, April 20, 2015

Baby No. 4!

Well I realize that I never posted what sex our baby was going to be after I announced we were going to find out on Facebook.  The real reason is that after the doctor appointment I was pretty depressed.  While getting our ultrasound, the tech goes over everything and then we finally find out that we are having another baby girl!  So everyone knows I really wanted another boy so that Brayden could have a brother.  So It's not like we were upset about finding out it was a girl, but just a little disappointed.  Well Justin claims he was not and didn't care either way, but I don't believe him.  What made me depressed is after the ultrasound was over, Justin leaves to go back to work and I go on to wait to see the doctor.  She comes in an tells me that they actually found some cysts on the brain and they will need to monitor them over the pregnancy.  She told me it is probably nothing, but that it can be a sign of downs syndrome, but more specifically a special more serious condition called trisomy 18 which basically most babies don't even survive long after childbirth if that.  So easy for her to say "dont' worry" but basically it is a wait and see situation.  I already passed on all of the genetic testing and not that I would have aborted if there was something wrong, but it would have been nice to be prepared.  The cysts should clear up on their own whether the baby is healthy or not.  So even that alone is not something to comfort me.  But I did have a blessing after a full day of crying, and literally spending hours googling every worse case scenario situation I could find.  yes I'm that person.  I actually felt a lot better after the blessing and I've definitely tried to place that whole situation to the back of my mind and just focus on all the other stresses going on in my life right now!  But it did put a damper on any happy facebook posts about the sex of the baby, so I just never did! So there it is!  We are having a baby girl and if all goes well, it will be drama central in our house a few years down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment