Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where oh where has my Summer went!?!?

I realized that it has been way too long since I last posted. I still plan on doing my sewing project post as well, but I have just been so busy! But I figured I at least need to update at least for me to look back on. Life has been crazy busy lately. We literally had an obligation almost every single weekend in July and it has just now started to calm down. I feel like summer has slipped through my fingertips. Justin and I had bought season passes to Carowinds in high hopes of spending our free time there, but we just made it to the water park for the first time last night! And we only did that b/c this is the last week it is open during weekdays. It was a fun night away though while my mom babysat. I did actually head down to the beach with my family for a few days. Justin stayed home, so I rode down with my mom and Kaitlyn.

Here is a picture of the three of us:


My mom with Kaitlyn at the ocean. She HATED the ocean. She would scream and lift her legs up so that the water never touched her! haha!

One of our good friends from our days at the Singles Ward got married the last weekend in July. It was nice to get to go to the temple twice in one month since Justin's sister had gotten married at the beginning of the month! Here is a picture of our group from the Singles. We have all remained really good friends and try to get together often.
I have also been getting the pleasure of spending a lot more time with my High School friends as well! All but one has moved back to Charlotte and so a few of us that are either between jobs or on maternity leave have been getting together for lunches. This is me and my friend Emily and her baby Caleb.So now for my neglected update on Life. Kaitlyn is about to be 11 months old! Eeek! Where did the time go! Just Kidding...the first 6 months were ROUGH and I am happy to have them behind me! But I would be crazy to complain about her now. She has literally transformed into a completely different baby. Ever since she became mobile she has done a complete 180 and transformed into this happy, sweet baby! We like to think that she was just bored out of her mind being stuck in a body that couldn't do what she wanted it to do. Now that she is mobile she is wonderful! I must finally be experiencing the bliss that new moms have! haha. I know this will sound bad, but other first time parents would always be talking about how awesome it was and how much they were in love with their little one...and then Justin and I would be like "we got the short end of the stick I guess...haha...I mean of course we LOVED her, but I just never had those sweet bliss moments. Now when I see her smile and laugh and play her little games it is just pure happiness. So here is to hoping she continues to get better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment