Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sewing Projects

So I am finally getting around to publishing my sewing projects post. These have all been completed for quite a while, but I have just been slack about updating my blog. So here they all are. Most are clothes for me. A lot of them are from fabric that I have had lying around for a long time, but just never actually sat down to try and make anything. This first one here is a teething rail cover for Kaitlyn's crib. When she first learned to pull herself up she was destroying it. So I had originally looked around for something b/c I knew I didn't want the plastic covers. I found these cloth covers that I like the look of better at Target you can see Here and Here. But I really didn't want to pay $21.99 each plus tax and shipping for both the front and the sides since it is an online only product. So I thought this has to be easy enough to make. And I could pick out whatever fabric I want! So I went on a trip to Mary Jo's and got all my supplies for only around $10! And I thought the colors ended up matching Kaitlyn's current room attire pretty well!

So Here is the final product up on her crib. I made little fabric ties that just tie to each other and so far she hasn't messed with them and is content biting on the fabric instead of her crib! Plus this can just be washed whenever it gets dirty!

Close up of front and side covers: Letters I painted for Kaitlyn's room. I can't remember if I ever posted these on my blog or not. It's hard to see all the detail in this picture, but I think they turned out pretty cute. I finished them while I was still pregnant, otherwise I knew I would never get it done!

Two skirts: Green with white flower embroidery and a blue seersucker

Dress with sleeves that tie at the end
Green Damask dress
Pink semi-formal dress. I made this to wear on the cruise that Justin and I are going on.
So that's all. The skirts and dresses were all made by patterns, but the crib rail cover I made on my own. I wish I had more time to make more stuff, but that is enough for now. I still have a pile of fabric in my guest room waiting on me though!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love to sew but I haven't tried anything that detailed. Especially for myself. Love the fabric too! I need to hit up mary jo's again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a really great job on everything! We should get together and sew sometime.

    ReplyDelete