Friday, January 3, 2014

Stitches for Brayden

Back in early December Brayden fell and had to get stitches in his forehead.  It was Sunday morning.  We were about 10 min late for church, so we had sat out in the foyer by the entry doors.  Brayden is a pretty uncoordinated child.  I'm not even exaggerating when I say I think Kaitlyn had better balance and coordination than him when she was 12 months old than he does at 2!  He still can't jump and falls a lot.  Anyway, he was over by the front doors of our church and tripped and fell right into the metal surrounds of the doors.  I could tell immediately from his cry that it was not just a normal fall.  I looked at his face to find anything wrong and thats when I saw the cut.  I immediately knew this needed medical attention.  So I frantically try and grab all our stuff that's strewn everywhere and pack up so we can all go to the hospital.  Luckily our friend Shannon offered to watch Kaitlyn and Allie while we took Brayden which was a lifesaver.  All 3 kids and Brayden getting stitches would not have been fun! 

Brayden did EXTREMELY well getting stitches.  He stopped crying as soon as we got to our car.  At the hospital he was very sweet and calm and didn't cry.  They put numbing medicine on his wound and he cried a teeny bit for that saying "hurt" "hurt".  After that set for about an hour, they sent a PA and nurse in to wrap him up like a burrito so that he can't move for the stitches.  He did soooo good.  They held him down and he started crying a bit, but we started singing Old Macdonald had a farm and he stopped for a bit.  But overall he did great.  I was so proud of him.  He got his stitches out the following Friday and he did awesome.  He didn't even cry at all.  Just a little whimper as our doctor pulled them out!  Love my sweet boy!





No comments:

Post a Comment