Friday, June 12, 2009

Outsmarting Nature

So you may have seen that I complained on Facebook about the stupid deer at our house destroying our garden. Well I think Justin and I may have finally stopped them. This year has been so frustrating b/c everything we planted the deer were eating before we even had a chance to harvest anything! They ate the tops off of almost all of our strawberries, zuchinni and sugar snap peas! I was furious! Well we built this contraption here out of PVC pipe and this plastic 'deer netting' stuff. So far it has worked pretty well and was fairly easy and inexpensive to build. I am just hoping they don't realize that all they would have to do is charge into it and they could tear the whole thing down!



Close up view of the netting

My poor grape vines. They used to be so full and bushy!
You can see where they ate the tops off each little limb.
These are still exposed since they grow up the arbor so we are
still trying to figure out what to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment